VolunteerThe Carderock Community is always striving to foster a culture that is characterized by a shared purpose, collaborative activity,
and collective responsibility among all stakeholders- with the end goal of improving teaching and boosting student achievement.
(Click here to be directed to our Group Page:https://signup.com/group/898674052034)
SignUp.com is the web-based scheduling program which we use for parent/teacher conferences, volunteer schedules, classroom parties, the holiday gift drive for each class,
classroom supplies wish lists, etc. It can do the following:
- Manage sign-ups for volunteer requests and items to bring in
- Send automatic email confirmations and reminders
- Print reports of schedules, classroom supplies, and volunteer rosters
- Link to our school website, our PTA website, and our CarderockNet listserve
- Link directly to Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar, iCal, and smartphones
Our parent volunteers log thousands of hours each year to support our students, teachers, and fellow parents in the following ways:
- Room Parents: Each homeroom class has approximately two or three Room Parents. Click here for our 2017-2018 Room Parent Guide.
- Classrooms: Our teachers work with our Room Parents to set up classroom volunteer opportunities. Contact your Room Parents for details.
- Recess and Lunch Duty: Click here to be directed to our school’s “Information for Recess and Lunch Parent Volunteers”guide:
- Media Center: Please email Karen Roman at firstname.lastname@example.org for details
- For special events and PTA committees, please click on our "About Us" tab and then the "Committee Chair" list to find the event or committee that interests you! Please email the respective Committee Chairs to find out more information.
Student confidentiality is essential and expected. Parent volunteers should not discuss any student’s work or behavior. If a parent is concerned about something that
happened at school, the parent should contact the appropriate teacher or staff member. Thank you for being partners in your child’s education at Carderock
Carderock Springs Elementary School
7401 Persimmon Tree Lane, Bethesda, MD 20817 | 240-740-0540